The Blue Pen

Thursday, August 10, 2006

About the links to your right (or is it my left?)

On the right I have several links that I've recently added. I'm creating this post so that you'll know what you're getting into when you click on those links.

Peel the Bun is a blog run by Mr. Metallic Vinca. I really enjoy his writing... when he writes (grr).

Mr. Writing Person is hilarious. The best parody I've seen so far of all those people who think they know the absolute rules of writing.

The Evil Robot Monkeys Chronicles is pretty self-explanatory. And surreal. I'd tell you who writes it but I've told you too much already.

Taverna Gruff is a blog dedicated to the development of a fantasy novel by a friend of mine. (I have a weakness for blogs that show you the process of writing as it's occurring).

Hatrack's Writer's Workshop is a great resource for those who have never been involved in a workshop before. It's part of Orson Scott Card's website and is just fantastic. After a year or two there my style had improved so much I can't revise any of my older work. It would take too much effort: I'd have to write the darn things from scratch.

Holly Lisle's website has some great info about writing including, but not limited to: revising novels, definition of "a scene", a writer's life, and who won't make it as a writer.

and finally

Edmund R. Schubert's website: the website for the current editor of Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show. He also happens to be a fantastic writer with a novel coming out very soon. If you want to know the name of it, check out his site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home