The Blue Pen

Thursday, April 15, 2010

On sending out articles and disappearing

I think I'm like the cat that shows up whenever it gets bored with life outside.

Writing is going well lately. I've been published in one online blog as part of a contest (didn't win... this time). I have several works in progress, including a novel.

Quick story:

The other day I was telling my husband about some research I've been doing for an article. He asked me several questions regarding what exactly I was doing. I tried to answer the best I could but he only seemed to get more confused.

Finally, he said, "It sounds to me like journalism. Not writing."

That made me smile.*

(Later, of course, I realized that, although he thinks I do very well with my non-fiction articles, he really thinks I'm great at fiction and that's what he calls "writing". The reason for this improvement in fiction is probably because I love it more.)

*Note: I have nothing but respect for most journalists. Their job when it comes to writing and research is far more difficult than mine. Just wanted to say that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home